FMLS is launching a new “Coming Soon” status, which will be available on Bridge Listing Input the same day it goes live on FMLS, the week of July 21, 2019.
With this new status, comes new FMLS business rules and best practices for maintaining your listing on both FMLS and GAMLS.
“Coming Soon” Status Rules and Best Practices:
1.) There will be a new standard status titled, “Coming Soon”. This will prompt FMLS to have the "Coming Soon" status, and GAMLS will have the status ‘None”, since GAMLS does not have this status as an option.
2.) A new field titled, “On Market Date” will be required when the "Coming Soon" status is selected.
- The On Market Date field has a few rules:
- It must be greater than the date of entry, but by no more than 21 days in the future.
- It must be greater than the List Date
- It must be less than the Expiration date.
3.) The List Date must be equal to today, or up to 14 days in the past.
4.) The listing which is Published with the "Coming Soon" status is automatically moved to Active at midnight on the date mentioned in the On Market Date field, in the FMLS Matrix system, for FMLS only.
- Important Note: GAMLS does not have this status, so the GAMLS listing will not automatically go active on the On Market Date. **You must login to Bridge, change the status to Active, then publish again for the GAMLS listing to go on market.**
Best Practice: We suggest creating a personal calendar reminder for the On Market Date to remind you to login to Bridge, change the status to Active, and publish your listing again, so it goes on market in GAMLS the same date as FMLS.
5.) The "Coming Soon" status will only be accepted on a listing that has yet to be put on market. Once the status is changed to "Active", or any other status besides "Coming Soon", it cannot go back to the Coming Soon status, since that listing would already be on market, thus no longer coming soon.
On the day of launch and for a period of time after, we will have a link to this article on your My Listings dashboard.