note: all release notes subject to change due to new updates or feature rollbacks.
We're excited to share a few improvements to Bridge Listing Input released on 3/28/18; we've added some language to clarify what is happening when a user tries to import and copy listings.
Importing an Active Listing
- When a user tries to import an active listing, a message will appear to notify them that importing an active listing will allow them to edit and update the existing listing, and it will not create a new listing in the MLS.
- Choose "Yes" to move forward with importing the listing.
- Choose "No" to cancel the process and go back to the dashboard.
Importing an Inactive Listing
- If a user tries to import an inactive listing, a message will appear to notify them that the system found no active listings with the MLS number they searched with. The system will then offer the option to copy the listing instead.
- Choose "Try Copy" to move forward with copying the listing.
- Choose "Cancel" to cancel the process and go back to the dashboard.
Copying an Active Listing
- If a user tries to copy an active listing, a message will appear to warn them that this could create a duplicate listing if they decide to publish. This is meant to prevent users from copying a listing when they mean to import and edit the existing listing. If you are purposefully copying the existing listing to create a second, new listing (e.g., starting with a similar listing but changing the address or property type, or preparing a relist prior to its expiration, etc.) then you may still wish to proceed with the copy.
- Choose "Yes" to continue to copy the listing.
- Choosing "No" will give them the option to import the listing instead.